Sunday, March 29, 2009

EY 08-09 – Miscellaneous activities

 Though last post really didn't cover the entertainment part but please bear with that section because it really has a huge potential; however if you really want to write off then it's not an issue as those are more on a non-operating entertainment income side. Hence, let me get back to the operating part again. The second leg of what I left behind in the previous to previous post.

Well, wonder is what sets us apart from other life forms. No other species wonders about the meaning of existence or the complexity of the universe or themselves. And as my friends know that I wonder a lot; so while wondering I found that I was having a golden time at my hand during the break between the date of convocation and the date of joining. That was sort-of unique time which won't probably happen again precisely because it was the time when I had the job and all kind of securities associated to it but no responsibilities or stress associated to it because I haven't had joined by then.

So, I used that time for a lot many things, major part was dedicated to socializing. My friends during engineering used to say that I'm so fond of attending the marriages or functions in general that I'm just one invitation card or a call away from attending the namkaran ceremony of grandson of buaji of my friend's landlord. I lived up to my image and attended as many as 11 functions (I hope I've been to recall all of them) during that time.

Secondly, I devoted a huge chunk of my time in pursuing those interests which have been pending for a long time, like swimming and music. I swimmed a lot, around 3 hrs a day, which is incidentally more time spent than that on studies during my academic days. I honed my guitar skills as well and raised myself to at least bearable level on that front. Normally, people don't get bored when I'm around (explicitly testified by one of my brutally-honest friend in our IIM Yearbook and one female friend from school days) and that's primarily because I talk useless things a lot which keep them wondering what those talks could actually mean and meanwhile, they forget about getting bored. So, to add to my PJs {Peyush's jokes (look even the full-form is a PJ)}, I've got one more thing in form of guitar to make people suffer for all the menaces they have done so far in their lives.

Well, last few lines have been sort-of-boastful so excuse me for that. Anyways, coming ahead of the break; let's talk about Mumbai stint. Well, I tried a lot doing a lot of activities but failed miserably at all fronts. I was very intermittent with all the pursuals; whether it was guitar, singing (Himesh instilled this hope that if he can then lesser mortals like us can, as well) or swimming. Moreover, I joined gym to keep up with the physical routine in absence of sports club and swimming pool; however I hit the gym on just six occasions in the period of three months so you can understand the extent of my bulging bisceps. Thus, due to my sheer laziness, everything ended in either zilch or approximately zilch.

However there was one activity which I could follow to a certain satisfactory level and that was 'Teach India'. Though I was a bit irregular with it as well, but overall I rate my performance 'satisfactory' as I managed to achieve the targets set on institutional and individual basis. I'm now eagerly waiting for the next year's version so as to contribute with even higher efficiency. One more thing which made this activity more memorable than any single activity in last year was the entertainment associated with satisfaction. I mean it might sound a bit clichéd but it was definitely very satisfying and emotional time to be there. Thank you Times of India! And how can this lekha-jokha get away without the mention of my two flatmates- Nishant (the creater of "three awesomely pathetic lives" – a sort of biography of three people which resembles a bit to the people you might know) and Sandeep (who can make me run for the money in PJs). They have been a partner in lot of the above mentioned entertainment activities (strictly those activities which have been mentioned here, so don't let your grey cells go elsewhere).

Well, this was the account of activities for the EY 08-09. I hope to perform better next year, and wish you all very best for the same, too.

 
 

Happy Birthday to me :-)

1 comment: